Wheel and Rim Straightening in Baltimore
As a vehicle owner, you have a responsibility to make sure your vehicle is safe to drive. If you continue to drive a vehicle that incurs some kind of compromising damage, you could be putting yourself and others at risk. Since your wheels, tires, and rims endure constant pressure and exposure, they are the most vulnerable to damage. If one of your wheels becomes bent or cracked, consider scheduling an appointment with Rim Doctor. We’ve been providing cracked rim repair and bent rim repair in Baltimore for over 15 years.
Causes Of Cracked And Bent Wheels
Driving is an inherently dangerous activity, and there are a lot of ways your wheels might incur damage. If you encounter any of the following situations, be sure to check your wheels for damage.
- Hitting a Pothole: A poorly maintained road can put a lot of stress on your wheels. When driving on uneven surfaces, try to slow down and give your wheels a break.
- Driving on the Curb: Even the best drivers accidentally hit the curb sometimes. If you strike the curb with enough force, there’s a good chance that your wheel will bend or crack.
- Auto Collision: It’s very common for a side impact to cause severe wheel damage. Consider having a wheel repair expert examine your wheels after any collision—no matter how minor.
Consequences Of Wheel Damage
Any damage to your rims should be addressed immediately. If you wait too long to take your vehicle in for professional repairs, you could be inviting one of the following hazards.
- Uneven Tire Wear: If the wheel is bent, its tire will meet the road at an improper angle. This will cause a part of the tire to wear prematurely, potentially leading to a blowout. At the very least, you’ll need to replace your tires sooner than you would otherwise.
- Steering Difficulty: A bent wheel can cause significant alignment problems, which can in turn make it difficult to steer. Being out of alignment can significantly increase your risk of getting into an accident.
- Suspension Damage: A bent wheel can cause a portion of your vehicle’s suspension system to endure undue pressure. If you’re not careful, a crucial component of your suspension system could break while you’re on the road.
Bent Rim Repair in Baltimore
As if driving wasn’t stressful enough, a vibrating vehicle can leave you with a nervous feeling. Driving with a bent rim is an unpleasant experience. It causes your steering wheel to shake and tires to blow out. In some cases, you may find it difficult to turn your wheels in the proper direction. When you experience vibrations after driving over a pothole, you should have your car’s rims examined at Rim Doctor for damage.
Types of rims we can repair include:
- Aluminum alloy rims
- Steel rims
- Motorcycle rims
Contrary to what you may believe, Rim Doctor can straighten your wheels without having to replace them. We use top-of-the-line equipment coupled with efficient techniques to successfully straighten your wheels. When you leave your wheels crooked, you’re putting yourself and your passengers at risk of an accident. When it comes to wheel or rim damage, you shouldn’t take any risks. If you detect any sort of damage on your vehicle’s rims or the next time your car starts to shake, don’t hesitate to call Rim Doctor at (443) 758-8745. We’re proud to provide wheel and rim repair in Baltimore.
Why Choose Us?
- Same Day Service
- Locally Owned & Operated
- Over 15 Years of Experience
- Mobile Service
- Free Estimates